Well, Master Harrison, I can’t believe you are already 1! Where did this year go? You amaze me every day with new tricks. You are one of the funniest kids I have ever met. You love to laugh and play and smile. You are precious. What can you do right now?
- You can crawl faster than I have ever seen a baby crawl
- You can say dada
- You can say hidad
- You can say baba
- You can say kitty
- You can say dog
- You can say turtle (tur-tur)
- You can copy us when we make sounds
- You can copy movements we make with our hands or body
- You can clap and you love to clap
- You can almost walk
- You can giggle a lot
- You can drink from a sippy cup
- You can eat most solid food, but you have an allergy to strawberries and oranges
- You love ice cream and make the cutest face when you eat it because it is cold
- You LOVE to dance
- You are a dancing fool
- You love family hugs when we sandwhich you between us
- You love to hug and tackle the cat and dog
- You love to read
- You like to sleep a lot (12 hours at night and two 2-hour naps during the day)
- You love to wave
- You like to get people’s attention when we are out and about
- You like mommy’s keys and her wallet
- Your favourite book is a touch-and-feel book about kitties
- You like to look for fans and lights and point to them and say “dat”
- You love to give slobbery kisses and we love to get them
- You love to read books to yourself and point to the words as you read them
I just don’t want to forget anything that you are doing right now. I am so proud of you for everything you can do. You are such a smart little guy! You really make daddy and I laugh EVERY day. You are a goofy boy and we love you for it! You look a lot like your daddy.
Harrison, we can’t wait to see what you will be like when you grow up. I know you will be a great man, just like your dad and grandpas. I hope you remember what we teach you and try and teach others. I hope you get the patience your dad has and ability to be outgoing that I have. You are a great mix of mommy and daddy. We couldn’t ask for a better little guy! Thank you for being so amazing.
I was up until 4 a.m. making this cake–I’m really happy with how it turned out!
Is there something on my face?
There is some on the back of my hand I must eat!
Why is everyone looking at me? You would do this too if you could!
I am 1 today!
Awwww, aren’t we cute?