Well, I had my ultrasound for weight/size today. I thought today would never come. First of all, I had an appointment with my midwife this morning and she checked and I am a good 2 cm and 70 % effaced but the baby’s head is still high. She also measured me at 42 cm uterus size. So she made her recommendations of what to do to get this going. I left very excited to do everything she said to do. Then I had my ultrasound a few hours later at another office. Here is how the conversation went:
Ultrasound Tech: “You are never going to believe the size.”
Me: “Try me.”
Ultrasound Tech: “According to my measurements, 10 lbs, 7 ounces.”
Me: “That is SO not what I was hoping you would say.”
That is exactly what Harrison weighed when he was born. This baby is measuring that 3 weeks before it is due and Harrison was a week late. Now, I know the ultrasound tech can be off, but even if she is 2 lbs off that is still a good size baby. Anyway, the other measurement they are looking for in that ultrasound is the size of the abdomen. Apparently all of the measurements, including that one, are off the charts they are so big.
Needless to say, I will be scheduling a C-section. I was SO hoping for a VBAC. I would rather have a healthy baby by C-section than risk me or the baby with a VBAC. I will find out more tomorrow when I talk to the midwife and doctor. Another thing the midwife said that I thought was weird was she said usually they wait until around 39 weeks to schedule the C-section. Hello…I’m sure the baby is fine. The ultrasound tech said from what she could tell everything was great. The baby was practicing its breathing and all looked well. If I wait until 39 weeks, this is going to be a GINORMOUS baby. Oh, well. There is another advantage to waiting that long, my house should be done by then!
That’s the news on the baby front.
On the Harrison front. He has thrown up twice tonight and is just a limp little dude. He is just not himself. If he is still throwing up tomorrow, off to the pediatrician’s again. I wish I knew what was wrong. The pediatrician last night said everything just pointed to an infected throat, which I think has really increased his gag reflex and is what is making him throw up. That’s my Dr. Mommy for you.
I hope others are having a better day than us!
EDIT: If you are going to be a total jerk about my situation and essentially think I’m wimping out by having another C-section, don’t bother trying to comment. I’m not going to approve them. I need support right now, not your stupid critiscm. Have you considered that you may not know my history with trying to birth my son? And, yes, I do know that I make big babies and there is nothing wrong with me. I don’t remember blaming myself for having big babies. Did you know that GD babies tend to have larger shoulders and thus get stuck with their head out and the doctors have to break their clavical to get them out? Did you know that I don’t give a flying crap about what you have to say to me unless it is going to be helpful?
When you walk into my house the first thing you see is a sign that says “Be nice or go away.” Learn from that. That is a motto I live by.
I refuse to be attacked on my blog (this wouldn’t be the first time). I don’t mind helpful critiscm or words of advice. If you are going to be just plain rude about it, leave me alone.